For emergency assistance of food, rent or utilities,
please call the Portland Council Emergency Line
Our primary purpose is to bring the love and peace of Christ to those who are suffering. In doing so, we bring the gift of ourselves and our time.
Although our objective is to bring love and peace, when we see our brother or sister suffering, we naturally want to help. So, we collect food and raise funds in order to help and demonstrate the truth of the central message of Christianity.
Locally – Our Resurrection Conference
Working locally together, the members of Resurrection SVdP offer our time and support to members of the community. We bring emergency food boxes to the homes of those who express need through the Portland Council Emergency phone line, the Resurrection Parish Office or by reaching out to one of our members.
Through the generous donations of Resurrection’s Parishioners and the community, the 40 plus members of Resurrection Conference provides:
- Rent and utility assistance to the Resurrection Catholic Parish community
- Food delivery service offered everyday to those in need in West Linn, Tualatin and immediate area
- Resurrection SVdP Conference was the first to provide Thanksgiving boxes for those in need during the holiday season in the Portland area. We have given out approximately 300 plus boxes and turkeys each year for over 15 years.
- Supports Bridges-to-Change organization with food donations
- Supports the Backpack Program at Bridgeport Elementary
Meetings start at 9:45AM (between the Sunday morning masses) with a prayer and fellowship in the Fireside Room of the Parish Office Building on the Third Sunday of the month, excluding December. The meetings end in time for the 11:00 AM Sunday Mass. Check the Parish calendar or contact the Ministry Coordinator to confirm the date, time and location of any particular meeting.
Visitors and potential new members are always welcome to sit in our meetings
Find out more below:
Roger Mason, President
Cell: (503) 319-3858
Alan Stuyvesant, Treasurer
Cell: (801) 831-8885
Irene Jones, Secretary
Work: (503) 638-1579