- Open to: Ages 3 (age 3 by 1/1/18) through graduating 5th Graders (entering 6th in Fall 2018)
- Youth who will have completed 6th through 12th grades can sign up to help as Crew Leaders. (Youth helpers need to register but do not need to pay.)
- Come help out with VBS! Parents who volunteer at VBS can register their kids free! Fill out the Adult Volunteer Application and turn in!
- Register online – see instructions below. Registration is open April 13. Paper forms also available.
- Fees: 1 child: $75, 2: $150, 3: $210, 4 or more: $250 (checks payable to Resurrection Catholic Parish. Can also pay online-see below)
- Questions? Contact Children’s Faith Formation Coordinator Ann Barba at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-638-1579 ext. 123.
- Downloadable flier to share with friends: VBS Flier
How to register:
- Download the fillable PDF form: VBS 2018 Registration Form.
- Fill in the form by typing, then print it out. Sign, scan & send via email attachment, fax to 503-638-8754, or mail in/drop off in person to the parish office by July 2. (Mailing address is on bottom of form.) As soon as the registration is processed, the Coordinator will email you to confirm the form was received.
- Payment: To pay online using WeShare, click here. You may also pay via check (payable to Resurrection Catholic Parish, write in memo “VBS”) or over the phone by calling the office at 503-638-1579. Payment should be submitted as soon as possible after registering to reserve your child’s spot.
How to Volunteer
VBS is an exciting summer camp for kids ages 3 through completed 5th grade!
Help “crews” of kids explore a daily Bible theme using upbeat music, fun videos and games, and creative activities.
For Adults – (turn in Adult Volunteer Application)
- Station Leader – Teach different groups at different time slots at one station, communicate with youth helpers
- Decorating – Decorate rooms according to the theme (before VBS)
- Check-In Table
- Snacks – supervise kids as they prepare and serve snack
- Preschool Tidepool – Lead the littlest ones through their day, many of their activities are separate.
- And MORE!!
For Youth completing 6th – 12th grades – (turn in Registration Form)
- Crew Leader – Lead a small group (“crew”) of kids through the stations.
- Station Assistant – (for older/experienced teens) Help a leader teach different groups of kids at different time slots at one station.
- All-together Sessions:
- Castaway Sing & Play (beginning group session)
- Tropical Treats (snacks)
- Sail Away Sendoff (ending group session)
- Small Group Rotations (4 Groups of Crews rotate through these stations at 20-minute intervals)
- Bible Discovery – interactive Bible stories
- Ship Rec Games – physical outdoor games (once during the week, each Group will skip games to help with Snack Prep)
- Kid Vid Cinema – video stories about real kids, small group discussion
- Imagination Station – science games & crafts
“Preschool Tidepool” (3-5 year-olds who have not yet completed Kindergarten) Must be 3 by 1/1/18:
Preschoolers will start Monday morning only in their own classroom. The rest of the days they will start in the parish hall with the other elementary age kids, then proceed to their own classroom for the majority of the day. Generally, their schedule will include:
- Exploration Stations – hands on activities
- Bible Adventures – interactive Bible stories
- Craft & Play – craft activity
- Games – outdoor physical games
- Closing Circle
Expectations for Adults and Youth Helpers:
- On VBS days, arrive at 8:30 and expect to leave around 12:15-12:30pm
- Attend at training/prep session prior to VBS (date TBA)
- Turn in the appropriate forms (Adult Volunteer Application for adults, Registration Form for youth helpers) by May 25. Email them to email@example.com or print and turn in to parish office.
- Be flexible, open, have a positive attitude, listen and fully participate!
What’s in it for YOU?
- Youth helpers are free and parent helpers who have children in VBS register their kids free
- The joy that comes from sharing your faith in a tangible way
- Seeing the smiles on all the kids’ faces
- Stretching yourself personally/spiritually and making new friends!
- Building community and meeting new friends as we work together as a team