Register now–there are still some openings!
- Open to: Ages 3 (age 3 by 1/1/18) through entering 5th Graders
- Youth who are entering 6th through 12th grades can sign up to help as Crew Leaders. (Youth helpers need to register but do not need to pay.)
- Come help out with VBS! Parents who volunteer at VBS get a $75 discount on registration (the cost of 1 child)! Also, if you are a Resurrection Preschool parent, you can fulfill your entire Volunteer Hour requirement for the upcoming 2018-19 school year all in one week! Fill out the Adult Volunteer Application (link below) and turn in by May 25.
- Register online – see instructions below. Registration is due by July 2nd. Paper forms also available.
- Fees: 1 child: $75, 2: $150, 3: $210, 4 or more: $250 (checks payable to Resurrection Catholic Parish. Can also pay online-see below) – Parent volunteers get a $75 discount (1 child free!)
- Questions? Contact Children’s Faith Formation Coordinator Ann Barba at email@example.com or call 503-638-1579 ext. 123.
- Downloadable flier to share with friends: VBS Flier
How to register:
- Download the fillable PDF form: VBS 2018 Registration Form.
- Fill in the form by typing, then print it out. Sign, scan & send via email attachment, fax to 503-638-8754, or mail in/drop off in person to the parish office by July 2 (update 7/5: there are still a few slots open). (Mailing address is on bottom of form.) As soon as the registration is processed, the Coordinator will email you to confirm the form was received.
- Payment: To pay online using WeShare, click here. You may also pay via check (payable to Resurrection Catholic Parish, write in memo “VBS”) or over the phone by calling the office at 503-638-1579. Payment should be submitted as soon as possible after registering to reserve your child’s spot.
How to Volunteer
VBS is an exciting summer camp for kids ages 3 through completed 5th grade!
Help “crews” of kids explore a daily Bible theme using upbeat music, fun videos and games, and creative activities.
For Adults – turn in Adult Volunteer Application or contact VBS Coordinator!
CURRENT NEEDS (updated 7/5)
- Decorating – Decorate rooms according to the shipwrecked/island theme (decorate July 15, before VBS)
- Help with Imagination Station (help kids do a craft/make a fun gizmo, relate it to the day’s lesson)
- Help with Kid Vid Cinema (show kids a short video, help facilitate discussion)
- Help on Thursday and Friday with Ship Rec Games (assist the leader)
- Help with family potluck on Friday at noon (to celebrate the end of VBS)
For Youth entering 6th – 12th grades – complete Registration Form and email VBS Coordinator!
- Crew Leader – Lead a small group (“crew”) of kids through the stations.
- Station Assistant – (for older/experienced teens) Help a leader teach different groups of kids at different time slots at one station.
- “Spotlight” VBS Leader – take specific posed photos of the kids with props throughout the day for a fun PowerPoint slideshow shown at the end of each day.
Elementary Stations include:
- All-together Sessions:
- Castaway Sing & Play (beginning group session)
- Tropical Treats (snacks)
- Sail Away Sendoff (ending group session)
- Small Group Rotations (4 Groups of Crews rotate through these stations at 20-minute intervals)
- Bible Discovery – interactive Bible stories
- Ship Rec Games – physical outdoor games (once during the week, each Group will skip games to help with Snack Prep)
- Kid Vid Cinema – video stories about real kids, small group discussion
- Imagination Station – science games & crafts
“Preschool Tidepool” (3-5 year-olds who have not yet completed Kindergarten) Must be 3 by 1/1/18 AND potty-trained:
Preschoolers will start Monday morning only in their own classroom. The rest of the days they will start in the parish hall with the other elementary age kids, then proceed to their own classroom for the majority of the day. Generally, their schedule will include:
- Castaway Sing & Play (every day except Monday)
- Exploration Stations – hands on activities
- Bible Adventures – interactive Bible stories
- Craft & Play – craft activity
- Games – outdoor physical games
- Closing Circle – reinforcing the message of the day
Expectations for Adults and Youth Helpers:
- On VBS days, arrive at 8:30 and expect to leave around 12:15-12:30pm
- Attend a training/prep session prior to VBS (date: Sunday July 15th, 12pm-2pm). In addition, station leaders will meet with the Coordinator separately as needed.
- Turn in the appropriate forms (Adult Volunteer Application for adults, Registration Form for youth helpers). Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and turn in to parish office.
- Be flexible, open, have a positive attitude, listen and fully participate!
What’s in it for YOU?
- Youth helpers are free and parent helpers who have children in VBS get a $75 discount on admission (1 free child).
- The joy that comes from sharing your faith in a tangible way
- Seeing the smiles on all the kids’ faces
- Stretching yourself personally/spiritually and making new friends!
- Building community and meeting new friends as we work together as a team