Legacy Hospice Bereavement Programs
Understanding Grief: Information and Tools for Coping is a one-session class designed to provide information to newly grieving people &/or their support people. Participants learn how to identify their own grieving style and what coping strategies might best help them.
- Second Tuesday of every month, Noon – 2 p.m., Legacy Hospice Office, NE Portland
- Second Monday of the month from 3-4:30 p.m. at the McMinnville Senior Center
Ongoing Grief Support Groups offer the opportunity to meet other grieving people and share experiences and coping strategies. Groups meet continuously throughout the year in both the Portland and McMinnville area. New members are welcome to join at any time.
- First & third Tuesdays, 6 – 7:30 p.m., Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center; NW Portland
- First & third Mondays, 10 – 11:30am., Legacy Meridian Park Community Health Education Center; SW Tualatin
Pathways to Healing grief support groups offer nine weekly meetings. The group utilizes a grief book as a source of information and basis for discussion, as well as providing a safe environment for sharing and self-exploration. Creative and memorializing projects also aid in grief expression.
- Wednesdays or Thursdays, 6:30 – 8 p.m., Legacy Hopewell House Hospice; SW Portland
- Fridays, 10:30 – 12p.m., Legacy Meridian Park Community Health Education Center; SW Tualatin
Me Too is an eight-week child & family grief support program serving children, teens and their parents or guardians. This program is a collaboration between Legacy Hospice Services, the Providence Hospice Programs and the Oregon Hospice Association.
- Mondays or Tuesdays for 8 weeks, 6 -7:45 p.m., East and West side Portland Metro locations
Gay Men Together in Grief offers eight weekly meetings, providing a safe environment for sharing and self-exploration. Creative and memorializing projects also aid in grief expression. Participants receive a complimentary grief book as a source of information and basis for discussion.
- Tuesdays, 6:30 – 8 p.m., NW Portland Call for location and registration.
Expressive Arts for Healing is a support group that uses expression to explore and communicate the grieving process. Please call for information.
Men’s Breakfast Social provides an opportunity for grieving men to find support and camaraderie while sharing a meal. Participants pay for their own meal.
- Fridays, 8 – 9 a.m. in McMinnville at Tommy’s Restaurant
Reclaiming You: Ideas and strategies for life transitions The purpose of this support group is to continue companioning the bereaved as they transition into life without their loved-one and centers on establishing a renewed sense of life, purpose and personal interest as life becomes more familiar with their re-identified Self.
- Fourth Mondays of the month 3 – 4:30 McMinnville Senior Center
To register for any of these groups /classes or to access other grief support
in the McMinnville area call (503) 472-9685 or 1-800-361-8506
in the Portland Metro area call (503) 220-1000
Legacy Hospice – McMinnville 2275 NE McDaniel Lane McMinnville, Oregon 97128 503-472-9685 toll-free 800-361-85
Legacy Hospice – Portland P.O. Box 3426 Portland, Oregon 97208 503-220-1000 toll-free 800-896-6287
Legacy Hopewell House Hospice – 6171 SW Capitol Highway Portland, Oregon 97239 503-220-1000 or 503-225-6384
Providence Health and Services Grief Support – Adult Groups
If you have lost a loved one, Providence Health and Services would like to invite you to participate in our grief support groups.
Providence Bereavement Support Groups are offered at no charge. No registration is required. Our groups, led by a grief counselor, are made up of caring people who know the pain and turmoil of grief. The groups are ongoing and you are welcome to join us at any time. Please find a location closest to you.
For more information, please call 503-215-4622, or visit: Providence Grief Support Groups. (http://oregon.providence.org/our-services/grief -support-groups/)
Providence Portland Medical Center
4805 NE Glisan Street, Portland Oregon 97213
- 1st and 3rd Tuesday, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Pastoral Care Conference Room
- 2nd & 4th Thursday, 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., Pastoral Care Conference Room
Providence St. Vincent Medical Center
9205 SW Barnes Road, Portland Oregon 97225
- 1st and 3rd Tuesday, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., Pastoral Care Conference Room
- 2nd & 4th Thursday, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Pastoral Care Conference Room
Providence Newberg Medical Center
1001 Providence Drive, Newberg Oregon 97132
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday, 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., Dundee Room
Providence Willamette Falls Community Center
519 15th Street Oregon City, OR 97045
- 2nd and 4th Tuesday, 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.
Men and Grief
Offers a safe place for men to share their experiences of grief and personal loss.
- 1st & 3rd Wednesday, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m., Providence Willamette Falls
Call (503) 215-4622 to pre-register.
Bereavement Support Groups are sponsored by Providence Hospice Programs of Portland.