Welcome to the EDGE page. Since we will not be meeting for some time, I wanted to have a place where we can stay connected during this challenging time as well as provide some Lenten and Easter resources. I will continue to send out weekly emails. If you were unable to open the video I sent out the first week on prayer, here it is.
THIRD SUNDAY OF LENT: On the first week of lent, EDGErs were asked to write down what they were doing during Lent, how’s it going? Talk about your progress or set backs with your parents. Discuss at the dinner table why we give up something or try to deepen our prayer during Lent.
FIFTH SUNDAY OF LENT: Today, 3/25/2020, is the Annunciation of the Lord, you can read the Gospel reading Luke 1: 26-38, when the Angel Gabriel appears to Mary and says you are going to have God’s son Jesus. Can you imagine how Mary must of felt? The angel tells Mary “Do not be afraid.” Even though Mary must of felt confused and frightened, she still said “yes” to God. She trusted in Him. How are we saying “Yes” to God in our everyday lives? Are we open to a relationship with God? What does a relationship with God look like? Talk to your parents about these questions. How do we have a relationship with God? Through prayer. Below is a video by Fr. Mike talking about the Power of Prayer. Prayer is not always easy, but it can be so powerful and life giving. Take time to practice prayer, start small: Say good morning to God and at night say good night to God, or when you wake up give thanks for another day and ask Him to be with you throughout the day. (He is always with you but maybe you will be more aware of His presence during the day). If you already pray on a regular basis, then try something new, try praying the Rosary, or do a meditative prayer. Let me know how it’s going for you. I will be praying for you and your families.
If you are new to EDGE please read the description below regarding our Middle School Ministry.
Edge is our ministry for pre-teens (6th-8th graders) We meet on Sundays from 9:30-10:45. Our goal is to bring teens closer to Christ in a genuine, fun, relational, and life-long faith formation. Join us anytime throughout the school year.
Questions? Contact Mayra at (503) 638-1579 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Haven’t received all your sacraments? Contact the Mayra Mendoza@rcparish.org
- 1st Communion
- 1st Reconciliation
The goals of Edge are:
- To foster a transforming spiritual experience of Jesus through the liturgy which will allow early adolescents to experience the Word of God and the Eucharist in a deeper and more profound way.
- To create a positive experience of the Catholic Church for early adolescents.
- To assist middle school youngsters in gaining an understanding and appreciation of what the Catholic Church teaches and believes.
- To incorporate the Catholic Church’s vision of social justice and peace into the spiritual life of pre-adolescents.
- To develop an understanding in middle school youth that they are a vital and visual presence within the parish community.