Life Kids Re-Imagined
We have been given a unique opportunity to re-imagine Life Kids this year. Though Life Kids will not look the same, the goal remains the same, to build a Christ Centered community for the children and their families. We are committed to encouraging the children of Resurrection to love God with all their heart, mind and soul as well as accompany parents in your continued faith journey.
This year’s focus for all of Faith Formation will be the Sunday Gospels. The children will receive their own Gospel Weekly that is age appropriate in which they can follow along at home and work along side their parents.
Our Life Kids Re-Imagined will have some similar components as well as new ones.
- SACRAMENTAL PREPARATION (First Communion prep): Due to the unusual circumstances, we will be postponing Reconciliation (Confession) and will NOT be offering it the 2020-2021 school year. We believe the children will benefit more from the sacrament when they are able to comfortably sit across a priest without a mask. The children will still be able to prepare for the Sacrament of First Communion.
- The preparation for the sacrament of the Eucharist will start in February of 2021.
- Parents will be the main teacher of the sacrament for their child. When we baptize our children, we make a promise to be the child’s first teacher and example of the faith. This will allow parents more opportunities to share their own faith with their child, allowing the Holy Spirit to guide great conversations.
- Parents, you won’t be alone! We will have monthly check-ins staring on February 1, then March 1 and April 5 at 7:00 PM using Zoom. We will come together to talk about the topics for the coming weeks, review, discuss and answer any questions you may have before you sit down with your child. You are always welcomed to reach out to Mayra Mendoza firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions or concerns.
- We will have in person gatherings on the fourth Sunday of the month for families starting February 28, then March 28 and April 25 at 9:00 AM in the parish hall.
- There will also be Zoom calls for families not participating in person.
- We had our first parent meeting on February 1st. Here is the recording of the meeting
Please know that we are praying for you and we are here for you. All of our staff is available by email- don’t hesitate to reach out if there is anything we can do. Be safe, take care of yourselves, and may God bless you!
Livestream Mass with Fr. Bill
Visit our Facebook page to watch Mass online with Fr. Bill, Sundays at 11:00 am. It is so important for your children, especially those preparing for the sacrament, to be prepared and know what is happening in the Mass. Watching Mass on line at home is a great way to teach your children about the Mass. See more livestream options throughout the Archdiocese here.
Family Faith Sharing
Each week in Life Kids, we dig deeper into the weekly Gospel using Pflaum Weeklies, you can also find family discussion materials here. We recommend using the “Family” tab to find inspiration for activities to do all together each week, but feel free to explore! Select the current week, then click the appropriate tab.
Life Kids General Information
Life Kids is our Children’s Faith Formation Ministry for children ages preschool (age 3 and up) through 5th grade. Our goal is to bring kids closer to Jesus Christ and pass on our Catholic faith in relational, small faith sharing communities within each age group. Join us at any time throughout the school year. Due to Covid, we are using the Family Catechesis model in which parents are the main teachers and we provide support for the families.
Adult Volunteer Opportunities: Join Our Team!
When adult leaders are committed to developing personal connections with the children in their classes, children build a relationship of trust with these adults that facilitates a rich environment for learning and for faith discussion. This creates a sense of community within each class, which is so valuable to all of our faith journeys. This “mini community” is unique from all other groups such as sports teams, schoolmates, etc., because these kids will grow in their faith together and establish a sense of stability in a parish they can always call their home. Our goal for Life Kids is to build core teams of 3-4 adults for each class allowing us to accomplish the following:
- More flexibility for catechists who can’t come every session.
- Children building relationships of trust with catechists and peers
- More parents sharing the faith with their kids
- Adults learning each child’s name and face and personally acknowledging them.
- Team members growing in relationship as a team and as a small faith group
- Ability to share ideas and share responsibilities
- Larger pool of subs, making sure classes are “covered” each session
We would love some extra help leading our sessions. Please contact Mayra to see if there are any current needs and for volunteer requirements. Thank you!