ROAR VBS 2019
- VBS Participants: Open to Ages 3 1/2 (birthdate before 1/31/16) through incoming 5th Graders.
- Youth Helpers: Incoming 6th through 12th graders can sign up to help as Crew Leaders, Assistant Crew Leaders and Station Assistants.
- Adult Volunteers: Adults can sign up to help as station leaders, decorators, kitchen help and more. Parents who volunteer at VBS get one child registered free! Also, if you are a Resurrection Preschool parent, you can fulfill your entire Fair Share Hour requirement for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year all at once!
- Fees: 1 child: $75, 2: $150, 3 or more: $225(checks payable to Resurrection Catholic Parish, or pay online. Remember, parent volunteers may register one child free of charge.
- Questions? Contact Children’s Faith Formation Coordinator Ann Barba at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-638-1579 ext. 123.
How to register:
Registration for VBS 2019 is not yet available. Please check back in spring 2019.
So many opportunities to help and get involved! Help a little or a LOT!
Adult Volunteers (age 18+)
For Elementary Stations we need a team of 2 leaders for each:
- Roar Sing & Play (beginning group session)
- Safari Celebration (ending group session)
- Hungry Herd Cafe (snack and snack prep station)
- Wild Bible Adventures – interactive Bible stories
- Stampede Sports – physical outdoor games (once during the week, each Group will skip games to help with Snack Prep)
- Kid Vid Cinema – video stories about real kids, small group discussion
- Imagination Station – science games & crafts
For Little Paws Preschool (incoming Pre-K and younger) we need:
- Little Paws Director (or team of leaders)
- Sign-In & Registration table manager (keep sign-in/attendance organized, mark off list as preschoolers leave with parents each day)
- Little Paws Decorations leader (help decorate preschool rooms/stations according to theme)
- Station Leader: morning “Exploration Station” activities
- Station Leader: Closing Circle (ending preschool session)
- Station Leader: Bible Adventures – interactive Bible stories age appropriate for preschoolers
- Station Leader: Games (On Day 1, preschoolers will skip games to help with Snack Prep)
- Station Leader: Kid Vid Cinema – video stories about real kids, talk to crews about the video
- Station Leader: Craft & Play – science games & crafts
- Preschool Cleanup Leader & Team (helps to have separate team so preschool leaders can go home at a decent time Friday.)
- Assistant to the VBS Coordinator (for help in planning, finding materials, ordering supplies, etc.)
- Actors & Speakers (for short presentations, skits, and science experiments. Can be teens.)
- Decorations Leader & team
- VBS Publicity & Donation Board (manage parish donations of VBS supplies such as props, snacks, etc. Need to start several months in advance)
- AV & Tech Leader (assist with sound, mics, computers, projectors, TVs, etc., especially during large group sessions)
- Photographer & “Spotlight VBS” Leader (take specific posed photos of the kids with props throughout the day for a fun PowerPoint slideshow)
- Registration Coordinator (manage registration forms, questions and data as they come in)
- Sign-in table manager (help register any walk-ins, answer questions, sign in participants)
- Youth Leader (manage/lead youth helpers in the morning and before leaving each day, keep crew bags stocked, distribute schedules)
- Service Project Leader (manage our VBS service mission, create donation display table, present the mission to children and collect donations)
- Clean up Leader (lead team of clean up crew, make sure everything is returned to proper places, may have to come it the week after VBS for additional tear-down/clean up help)
Youth Helpers (incoming 6th graders – graduating 12th graders)
- Music Leaders- sing and do the motions to all the songs in front to really get the kids into it!
- Crew Leaders, Assistant Crew Leaders, Preschool Crew Leaders- Lead a small group (“crew”) of kids through the stations, keeping their attention, helping them participate in discussions and activities, build friendships within your crew, and helping Station Leaders by listening to directions.
- Station Assistant – Help an adult Station Leader at one station with multiple rotations of crews.
- May also help with the “adult volunteer” responsibilities listed above, according to age and ability.
Expectations for Adults and Youth Helpers:
- Complete and turn in VBS Volunteer Form
- On VBS days, arrive at 8:30 and expect to leave around 12:15-12:30pm
- Be flexible, open, have a positive attitude, listen and fully participate!
- Be enthusiastic and energetic, and passionate about your faith in God!
What’s in it for you?
- Youth helpers have no registration fee
- Parent helpers who have children in VBS may register one child free of charge.
- Complimentary VBS t-shirt
- The joy that comes from sharing your faith in a tangible way
- Seeing the smiles on all the kids’ faces
- Stretching yourself personally/spiritually and making new friends!
- Building community and meeting new friends as we work together as a team