As part of Resurrection Catholic Parish’s Dream Big campaign support of The Father’s Heart Street Ministry (“TFH”) in Oregon City, Resurrection recently provided funds to replace worn and dirty flooring at the Ministry’s Oregon City location. In May 2020, laminate floors designed for long-term, hard traffic replaced stick-down carpet sections that had become impossible to keep clean. Floor materials and installation were paid for by Dream Big funding.
The flooring purchase and installation project was managed by parishioners Tony Orlandini and Holly Tichenor.
ABOVE: Pictures of the new floor.
TFH works hard to provide a safe and clean place of refuge for those in need. The replacement of the floors demonstrates TFH’s mission of promoting the dignity and extra care of those less fortunate.
Currently the facility, which normally provides a day shelter, showers, meals, computers and other necessary services for the homeless, is closed due to the stay-at-home order, but continues to provide sack lunches. The Ministry was founded and located at its currently building in 2012 by Teri Gant. The Ministry is currently lead by Robin Schmidt.
The flooring is just one way the Parish and parishioners support this local need. Recent and continued support has also included
- Serving hot meals from a pizza truck fully manned and contributed by a parishioner
- Parishioners serving meals at TFH
- Parishioners assembling 100-200 sack lunches monthly, which includes decorated bags, desserts, and lots of snacks
- EDGE donations of hygiene and snack bags
- Volunteers shopping to cover donation gaps such as men’s underwear, razors, wipes, peanut butter, bottled water, sleeping bags and more
- Monetary donations to RCP for TFH
- Breakfast burrito assembly and service to those on streets in the Clackamas area – pray for our efforts during the COVID-19 crisis
There are many ways you can continue to help in this time including prayers:
- Your monetary donations make a difference and can be sent directly to RCP with a note that you want it contributed to TFH; RCP will take care of the rest and this helps to pay for essential services, floors and food
- You can follow TFH Facebook posts and see regular updates of special items the team is out of & you can drop off or have the items shipped directly to TFH through Amazon deliveries. These are usually pretty basic – garbage bags, underwear, razors, lunch sacks, etc.
- Go to this ministry’s website for additional ways to help – CLICK HERE
While we still have sign ups on our ministry home page, each month we are doing a breakfast, hot meal, and sack lunches; if you’d like to make dessert, salads, and/or other items – please contact Holly Tichenor (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Laura Rueles (email@example.com).